Wednesday, February 12, 2014



The Pink Floyd - you're going to hear them in a minute and I do not want to prejudice you. Hear them and see them first and we'll talk about them afterwards but four quick points I want to make before you hear them.

The first is that what you heard at the beginning, that short bit, those few seconds, are really all I can hear in them, which is to say to my mind, there is continuous repetition and proportionally they are a bit boring.

My second point is that they are terribly loud. You couldn't quite because of course it isn't as loud from your sets or as it was at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Friday. I will ask them about that when we come to talk.

My third point is that perhaps I am a little bit too much of a musician to appreciate them. And the reason why that, why I say that is that... 

Four, they have an audience. And people who have an audience ought to be heard. Perhaps it is my fault that I don't appreciate them.




Well there it is. I think you can pass your verdict as well as I can. My verdict is that its a little bit of a regression to childhood. But after all, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment